Childhood is the age span ranging from birth to adolescence. According to Piaget’s theory of cognitive development, childhood consists of two stages: preoperational stage and concrete operational stage. In developmental psychology, childhood is divided up into the developmental stages of early childhood (preschool age), middle childhood (school age), and adolescence (puberty to legal adulthood). Various childhood factors could affect a person’s attitude formation.
The concept of childhood emerged during the 17th and 18th centuries, particularly through the educational theories of the philosopher John Locke and the growth of books for and about children. As a child, there are a lot of things we did during childhood which leaves an indelible mark. Do you remember doing any of these? I doubt if you did any of these if you are still below 30. Like or comment if you do!
If you didn’t do any of these below, your childhood wasn’t fun;
1. If you didn’t kill earthworm with salt.
2. If you didn’t play rubber band.
3. If you never bathed in the rain.
4. If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
5. If you didn’t sleep on the couch and wake
up on the bed.
6. if u didn’t throw your milk tooth on the roof for the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
7. If you didn’t just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
8. If you didn’t act film in uncompleted building or under the bed with friends.
9. If you never flew a kite.
10. If you didn’t use your two legs to build houses with sand.
11. If you didn’t write your name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
12. If you didn’t close the fridge door really slowly to see when the lights went off.
13. If you never waved at white birds expecting your nails to be whiter
14. If you never heard of a ghost that stays under mango trees at nights.
15. If you didn’t drive a single car tyre with a stick and called it your car.
16. If you didnt mix garri and sugar in your pocket and eat while walking on the street.
If you are a Nigerian, Do you know it is not jangilova epo motor? it is Jingle Over Like A Motor!! I bet you didn’t know.
Don’t be shy, I didn’t know either until some years back. I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria don’t know that the nursery rhyme “sandalili sandalili” is actually “standard living, standard living”.
Which ones do you remember? Drop your comments below.