Although a headphone jack doesn’t take that much physical space inside a smartphone, major companies, starting with Apple, have decided that it’s time for us to go wireless. With our headphones and earbuds, at least. But if you’re an audiophile who loves your wired headphones, or you simply don’t find Bluetooth ones that much more convenient, we’ve listed the best modern phones with a headphone jack here for you.
Best phones with a headphone jack, summarized:
- Moto G 5G Stylus (2022) – This is a very solid 2022 mid-ranger with tons of features, like a stylus, and of course – a headphone jack.
- Asus ROG Phone 5 – This flagship gaming phone not only comes with a headphone jack, but with some of the best dual stereo speakers on any smartphone.
- Google Pixel 4a (5G) – Google’s lightweight and reasonably-priced Pixel model with great cameras and, of course, a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Samsung Galaxy A72 – Big battery, OLED display, headphone jack and good camera performance for a great price.
- LG Velvet – LG may be out of the phone business, but one of its best, last flagships is still around and worth buying.
- Sony Xperia 1 III – This tall Sony flagship is every Android enthusiast’s dream phone, but all of those features come with a high price.
- Asus Zenfone 8 – Compact, water resistant and a great performer, this Zenfone also has a headphone jack.
- Sony Xperia PRO-I – A jack of all trades flagship, and one of its many, many features is a headphone jack.
Moto G 5G Stylus (2022)
Moto is not one to take away seemingly basic features, at least as much as the likes of Apple and Samsung are inclined to do. The 2022 G Stylus from Moto is a very feature-packed smartphone, with its included stylus, reminiscent of the Galaxy Note, being the main one. But of course, we can’t overlook the fair, mid-range price, the huge 120Hz display, SD card slot, and yes – the headphone jack we’re getting here.
Asus ROG Phone 5
In addition to that, the ROG Phone 5 packs some of the best front-firing dual speakers ever put on a smartphone, so if you value your music, you’ll likely love this phone.
For more details, check out our full ROG Phone 5 review, but to sum it up, it’s a flagship gaming smartphone with excellent performance and many great features, including a music equalizer.
Google Pixel 4a (5G)
A more lowkey option for the Android user, the Google Pixel 4a 5G comes with a headphone jack, fantastic camera performance and a bargain price for all that it is.
It offers a clean, stock and smooth Android experience, a 6.2-inch display and good bottom-firing speakers. For a more in-depth look at this phone, please see our full Google Pixel 4a (5G) review here.
Samsung Galaxy A72
Samsung’s early-2021 flagships didn’t come with a headphone jack, but the mid-range Galaxy A52 and Galaxy A72 do have one, with the latter being the bigger phone.
Aside from the 3.5mm jack, the A72 is notable for its beautiful modern design, 6.7-inch screen, big battery, IP67 dust and water resistance and some quality cameras for a mid-ranger.
Interested in seeing photo samples and more details about this phone? Check out our full Samsung Galaxy A72 review.
Wish to learn more about it? See our full LG Velvet review, complete with more design shots of this beautiful phone. You may also be interested in checking out the most recent deals on LG phones, now that they’re being price reduced. All of them have a headphone jack.
Sony Xperia 1 III
It might be one expensive phone, but this 2021 Sony flagship is arguably the ultimate Android enthusiast flagship phone. It has a headphone jack, expandable storage and even manual camera controls. It’s also sporting a tall and crisp 4K OLED display, which is quite a bit more than what we usually see nowadays, even on flagship smartphones.
Asus Zenfone 8
This compact and premium 2021 Asus phone also comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack. And unlike the Xperia above, the Zenfone 8 is quite reasonably priced for the flagship Android experience it delivers.
Sony Xperia PRO-I
Looking for something else?
Still undecided? We also have a list with the best high-end Bluetooth wireless headphones money can buy, in case you want to give wireless audio a shot instead.
Does your smartphone have a headphone jack, and do you need it, or do you think it’s time to let it go and move on?